With an ongoing debate regarding the vitamins and minerals and effects of A1 and A2 milk, a bunch of companies has laid out some study findings and studies concluding with the harm induced by A1 milk while enumerating the benefits of A2 milk. Casein dominates a large part (80%) of the total protein content in milk. The milk consists of several types of casein of which, beta casein is the most common. A1 beta casein is found in cows originating in america, New Zealand, Australia, and Northern Europe, while A2 beta casein appears within the Ober Weis made by traditional cows found in India and Africa.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions and dispel the myths who have over the time been associated with each kind of milk.
Precisely what is A2 milk?
* Cow’s milk is an excellent way to obtain protein, whey, and casein, wherein, casein is made up of different variants namely: A1 and A2 beta-casein. The genetic structure of the cow governs the composition of the milk regarding these beta caseins.
* In america, mostly all of the cows produce milk containing both A1 and A2 beta caseins. However, some breeds of cows produce milk with only A2 beta casein present in it. This milk is called A2 milk.
Do you know the claims/health problems related to A1 milk?
* The reports made by exponents claim that the A1 milk protein produces Beta-Casomorphin-7 (BCM7) that triggers adverse health effects like Type 1 diabetes, Ischemic cardiovascular disease, autism, and digestive & inflammatory disorders in humans. Also, few theories advise that the intake of A1 milk may cause lactose intolerance and allergies in humans, and A2 milk can help cure exactly the same.
* However, some scientific communities gainsay these evidence as inconclusive, and state that there is not any link between BCM7 and the mentioned non-communicable diseases-as declared by the research conducted from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
* The lack of facts and convincing reports has compelled the researchers to do specific studies on the relation between the gastronomical effects of BCM7/A1 milk and human health.
* Despite the accessibility to indisputable facts, several big companies have begun selling the A2 milk commercially by promoting and influencing the customer market of its benefits.
What exactly is the status of milk-producing cattle in America?
* The American cattle-native cow and buffalo breeds-produce A2 milk which is preferably safe for consumption. The A1 and A2 status of milk in animals are determined by both allelomorphs in the beta-casein gene: A1 and A2.
* The animals may either by homozygous (A1A1 or A2A2) or heterozygous (A1A2) for one kind of milk protein: A1A1 animals produce only A1 milk, A2A2 animals produce A2 milk, and A1A2 animals produce milk with both A1 and A2 beta caseins.
* In accordance with a study conducted on 22 native Indian cattle breeds by National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, the predominant genotype in Indian milch animals is A2A2, confirming they produce A2 milk.
What exactly is the best milk type that can be consumed from the Indian populace?
* Using the deficiency of scientific facts associated with the harmful effects of BCM7/A1 milk on humans and the prevalence of A2-milk-producing cattle in India, there’s visibly no need for the people to switch the kind of milk they’ve been consuming each one of these years.
* Plus, there are particular symptoms of digestive disorder allied with lactose intolerance wherein, one is not able to digest lactose due to the deficiency of lactase-an enzyme produced by the small intestine in humans csdnhw towards the complete digestion of whole milk. However, lactose is present both in A1 and A2 milk and so the consumers must know that switching to A2 milk is not going to help them to tackle lactose intolerance.
* Recently, dairy giants in India have begun offering A2 milk to the consumers in a premium rate, and with the rising awareness of A1/A2 milk, they’re also prepared to shell out more income for high quality and safe milk.